Versatile Blogger Award
This month, because of the help I’ve given a friend of mine in satisfying her dessert cravings and keeping on track of a diet and exercise routine, I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award! Here’s the article that helped me get the nomination: Fit-in-40 Baklava
So here’s what I have to do now that I’ve been nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated me (duh!)
2. Link to his/her blog.
3. Choose 15 blogs or bloggers that I either follow regularly or have just discovered. Then, nominate them for a VBA.
4. Finally, tell the person you’ve nominated 7 things about yourself.
OK, let’s do this!
First, I’d like to thank Meg at Ratnamresidence for the nomination! She’s an inspiration to us all with everything she does for her family and friends!
Now for 7 things about myself:
1. I’ve never broken a bone in my body. In fact, the closest I’ve ever even been to that is spraining my ankle when I was 19.
2. Likewise, I’ve only ever had one surgery in my life and I was a newborn. So I can’t remember ever having been to the hospital for anything other than the x-ray for my ankle sprain.
3. I can play the piano by ear, but I hardly ever play it.
4. I was one of those “unique” kids who loved lima beans at dinner and ordered milk at a restaurant, instead of a Coke. I also hated fries and potato chips throughout most of my childhood.
5. I have a HUGE sweet tooth! But I feel like we already knew that.
6. I’m somewhat co-dependant and hate to be alone. So I always make sure I have somebody to do something with, just about every day or night of the week.
7. I’m forgetful. VERY forgetful. I forget birthdays, parties, events, and things people tell me. But I never forget meeting people and people’s faces. I guess at least I have that going for me.
Now that I’ve shared 7 things about myself, let’s talk about the blogs I’ll be nominating:
1. Mixthatdrink – A fun, “kitschy” website with how-to articles and drink recipes.
2. Bohemian Revolution - A DIY blog filled with awesome ideas and some cool tips for around-the-house things.
3. Glow My Way – A new blog that already has some great content. Focuses on product reviews and how-to regarding makeup.
4. Pastry Bar - Kind of just like this site, except with a central focus on desserts that contain alcohol.
5. The Girl Who Ate Everything – One of my favorite blogs because it’s all about food, in general… and I’m such a foodie that I just can’t resist!
6. Joy the Baker – Joy is awesome and she likes chocolate and cookies. Enough said? Yup!
7. Tartelette – The way she photographs food makes me want to eat everything I see on this site!
8. Desserts for Breakfast - Now, that’s doing dessert right!
9. Bonbini! – This site is pretty great, and I may even try a few of the recipes for this blog!
10. Oh My! Sugar High – This blog is pretty great, and I love the name!
11. Always Order Dessert – I can’t help but agree with the name, alone. And then there’s all that deliciousness in the posts that follow.
12. Chocolate-Covered Katie - I love healthy desserts… I love healthy everything. And that’s why I love this blog.
13. Dessert First - Dessert is ALWAYS first in my book!
14. Skinnytaste – Another one of those healthy blogs. I can’t get enough.
15. The Cake Mistress – Doesn’t it just sound wrong? Oh, so wrong…
And, there you have it!